Raymarine EV-2 Sensor Core
EV-2 Sensor Core
At the center of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing.
Mount the EV sensor core above or below decks, the rugged enclosure is fully sealed and built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards.
Features & Benefits:
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change
- Flexible installation options - Mount above or below deck
- Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays
EV-2 has been designed for the latest drive-by-wire steering systems and connects directly to Raymarine's SeaTalkng
bus. EV-2 also has a dedicated CAN Bus port for direct connection to steer-by-wire steering systems - such as ZF Pod Drives, Yamaha Helm Master, Volvo IPS and SeaStar Solutions Optimus systems. A single CAN Bus connection to the EV-2 eliminates the need for an Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) further simplifying installation.